Monday, October 24, 2011

I Have a Sister?!

You will NEVER guess what happened to me today. When I arrived home from school there was a girl in my room. She waved and said in a funny accent, "Hello, Winnie!" 


It turns out that this girl is my half-sister. Her name is Nadezhda and we have the same mum but different fathers. She has just MOVED HERE to live with us from Kazan, RUSSIA. 



I am not at all sure about this...I rather like being a spoiled only child! Nadezhda is way too touchy-feely. She insisted on hugging me and kissing both my cheeks and I don't even know her! 



She seems nice enough though, and it may be kind of fun having a sister. She is older than me by almost two years, and brought pretty clothes with her, maybe I will get to wear them! And now I understand mum's reason for giving me a Russian dictionary. How about that?! I'm sure I will have a lot more to say very very soon! Do we look anything alike? 



Love, Winnie

2 comments:

  1. Salut, Winnie!
    I think that you girls do look somewhat alike. I bet it was extremely cool to discover that you had a sister.
    Bises,
    Sabine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can definitely see the resemblance in the eyes and freckles. You two look awesome together!! :)

    ReplyDelete